ACU: Terms and Conditions
All job advertisements submitted to ACU CareerHub must comply with all relevant Australian and State Privacy, Fair Trade, Trade Practices, Employment legislation and Anti-Discrimination laws. The ACU Career Development Service and ACU CareerHub
- a. The ACU Career Development Service (CDS) consists of the National Career Development team (including staff working with the CareerHub online job placement service) within the Office of Student Success at the Australian Catholic University
- b. ACU CareerHub is an online system used by the CDS to advertise employment opportunities and events to students, graduates and staff of the Australian Catholic University
- c. Employers may advertise vacancies on ACU CareerHub at anytime throughout the year. Vacancies may be full-time, part-time or casual.
- d. CDS reserves the right to accept, alter or reject registrations, vacancies and event advertisements on ACU CareerHub.
- e. CDS reserves the right to refuse any person or organisation use of this service.
The CDS requires all advertisers to provide the following information:
- a. The name of the organisation or individual advertising the job vacancy.
- b. The name of a contact person.
- c. The address and phone number of the organisation, individual or contact person.
- d. An adequate description of the nature of the work being offered.
- e. An appropriate rate of pay, or reference to a relevant award or job classification.
- f. Employers are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of their contact details, advertisement content and deadline dates for applications.
Special conditions for recruitment agencies and other third party recruiters. a. Third party recruiters must provide the name of the client organisation to the CDS, if requested to do so.b. CDS will not disclose the name of the client organisation to anyone unless required to do so by law.c. Third party recruiters must submit genuine job vacancies only.Types of acceptable advertisements:
- Part-time, casual, contract or full time paid employment.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- Work experience/work placement/internship opportunities.
- Graduate recruitment and vacation employment.
- International employment vacancies.
- Employment Scholarships and cadetships.
Voluntary Work Preference will be given to voluntary work offered by not-for-profit and community organisations.The work must be of relevance to industries or professions that are available to graduates.All positions/opportunities will be subject to approval by CDS staff before being advertised to students.The Career Development Service will not accept the following advertisements:
- Commission-only jobs.
- Any work that requires the employee to purchase a product or service, or offer a security deposit, or similar, as a condition of employment.
- Any advertisement not advertising a genuine employment opportunity.
- We reserve the right to not advertise your opportunity to our students if your company or position offered is deemed unsuitable or illegal.
- We do not advertise jobs where the pay falls below the award rate. Award rates are displayed at www.workplaceauthority.gov.au
The Careers Service reserves the right to alter, withdraw or reject any advertisement without explanation where:
- Non-compliance with these terms and conditions exists.
- Misleading or incorrect information has been provided.
- Complaints about the advertiser have been received.
- The job opportunity is considered to be inappropriate.
Employers must also comply with the following terms:
- All submitted job advertisements need to be approved by the CDS before being made available for access by students and graduates.
- Employers take full responsibility for any decision offering employment or any other opportunity to any student or graduate.
- Employers treat students and applicants with respect and confidentiality at all times throughout the recruitment process and to keep them informed of the progress and outcome of their application.
- Employers will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any files provided or uploaded to CareerHub will be free of viruses, trojans, worms or other malicious software.
- CareerHub is a secure site; while all reasonable efforts are made, the Careers Service does not guarantee that any files downloaded or delivered through email from CareerHub will be free of viruses, trojans, worms or other malicious software. Employers agree they have implemented processes, software or devices to ensure protection of their own internal systems, and that they take full responsibility for any losses or damages as a result of their own negligence in this regard.
- The CDS will be under no liability to users and recruiters in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of services supplied by the CDS Service.
- Advertisers must indemnify the CDS Service and its staff against all claims, actions, suits, costs and expenses incurred on any account as a result of their advertisement.
- Employers advertising on CareerHub must abide by our Terms and Conditions for Employers. CDS staff check that all opportunities featured on ACU CareerHub comply with our Terms and Conditions, however, we do not accept responsibility for advertisers who provide inaccurate, misleading or false information.
- CDS does not necessarily recommend or endorse any organisations or service providers featured on CareerHub.
- CDS does not act as an agent for the employer.
- Employers agree that all information they provide in their advertisement does not breach any law or the rights of any person (including but not limited to legislation regarding Fair Trading, Equal Opportunity, Anti-Discrimination and Human Rights).